1. Make sure you've had your Annual Meeting.
2. File Annual Report with state if required.
3. Ensure you're on target to file federal Form 990 and any similar state filings.
4. Confirm that charitable solicitation registrations are up to date (if required).
5. Review grant agreements to ensure terms and restrictions are being honored.
6. Review insurance policies for adequate coverage and conformity to current operation.
7. Private Foundation must make grants to public charities sufficient to avoid excise tax penalties.
8. Thank Your Donors with Proper Gift Receipts.
From Daily Dose of Nonprofit Law